Toulouse Style Sausage and Beans


Whew, It's been a while I haven't been babbling about my kitchen and my life! The truth is my digital camera is pretty much clogged up already with all the recipes I wanted to upload here, but unfortunately my time is kinda tight. There is definitely a lot of things that's been going on here lately. And well to cut to the chase, were moving.

And this isn't just a ten or twenty kilometers moving but a big cross-country adventure. It's been months that we've been cooking this up and mind my words this isn't really easy. Counting all the stuffs we have to keep and give up plus all the paperworks I'll sum them up in one word, "exasperating"!

Like this one afternoon that we needed to do my daughter's ID photo, I don't know how do professional photographers succeed in making them behave in front of the camera because mine doesnt..well if you don't believe me, see it for yourself :-)

all the pose but the right one....

I'm sending off a big helping of this delicious Sausage and Beans to SRA of When my soup came alive this month's hostess of that fabulous monthly My Legume Love Affair an event created by the talented Susan of Well Seasoned Cook.



Toulouse Style Sausage and Beans

Ingredients:
1lb of dried white beans
1lb of pork sausage from Toulose
4 tablespoons of duck oil
1/2lb unsmoked bacon
1 onion chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 garlic cloves
5 big tomatoes, peel and chopped
some thyme and laurel leaves
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Procedure:
Soak the dry beans overnight in cold water.Then cook them for about one or two hours in your pressure cooker or until they are tender. In a pan put your duck oil and fry your Toulouse pork sausages, then add your chopped bacon. Set them aside, on the same pan sauté the garlic, onion, pepper and tomatoes. Put the cooked beans, sausages and bacon, cover and let it simmer for an hour. Add the thyme, laurel, salt and pepper. Put them in baking dish and continue cooking in the oven at 200°celsius for about thirty minutes or until it becomes thick and sausages golden brown.

26 comments:

Makis said...

Hahaha! The ID photos are so beautiful! Luuuv it! Are we getting together in Manila???

Gloria Baker said...

She look wonderful Dhanggit!!! she is more pretty than never, I love her!!!!Happy to heard of you again Dhanggit, are you fine?
This dish look really yummy, send you huggs and kisses (LOL) gloria

Laura in Paris said...

That little girl is so So cute! And by the way, I love cassoulet!

Finla said...

Wow you can serve this for me anytime, love love them, i have heard these sausages are real good. Wish we got these here.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A very comforting and delicious dish! Your daughter is so cute! A real model already...

Cheers,

Rosa

♥peachkins♥ said...

cute photos of your kid and a hearty dish!

Rachel said...

I can relate very well to that..My daughter decides to get hyperactive when she knows she's getting photographed.

Sausage and beans..make a great dish.

Marysol said...

You know, you need a mouthwatering name that matches the look of that delectable dish.

In regards to you little cutie's ID photographs, I'd have a very difficult time deciding which ones to eliminate.

Best of luck with your next moving adventure.

Leslie said...

Good luck with your move!
And you little one..just perfect!
They never sit still when you need them to.

tigerfish said...

She's beautiful.
And it's delicious.

^o^

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Your baby is sooooooo cute! Seriosly, she has the most adorable face! Gosh do I love beans! What a great meal you have here, sausage doen't heart either lol!

lululu said...

the most adorable and beautiful id photo i've ever seen!!!!
your little one is just so pretty!
btw, your recipe sounds delicious! cooking with duck oil sounds prefect on this dish!

sra said...

Quite a few of the ingredients are new to me, tho' not the beans and sausages. I think this is the first time I've heard of laurel in cooking. Thanks for the entry!

Sue said...

I don't envy you the move, until it's completely over with and done, but that little poppet is the cutest ever! I LOVE the squirmy, funny, can't-sit-still pictures, because that's exactly what they're like!

Great recipe too!

daphne said...

Oh yum! What a delicious comfort food. I can certainly see myself dipping into it with crusty bread!

I love the series of photos too- sounds how wide range of emotions kids learn so quickly!

Karine said...

You daughter is indeed really cute!

I love your dish. It looks yummy :)

Toni said...

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you - I think her pictures are perfect. She is beyond adorable, and is acting perfectly like a child.

And the sausage and beans look fabulous! I had a dish similar to this in southern France a number of years ago and it still stays in my memory.

Laura in Paris said...

Here I am again, because I'd like you to check my blog, I have awarded you the Honest Scarp Award - and start thinking what ten truths you're going to tell!

Suzana Parreira said...

Ohhh, your daughter looks soooo adorable with the little white bunny! I can realte with her, 'cause I never hold still for the photos!! Beans are always a good choice when cooler days come along. Well done.

lisa is cooking said...

The beans cooked with the duck fat sound incredible! Good luck with your move!

Patty said...

Oh mygoodness! The photos are hilarious and your daughter is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your recipe....I enjoy anything with sausage in it!

haze said...

This sounds really good ! And I love the ID pictures, did you take them ?

pigpigscorner said...

Delicious1 It's like comfort food. Your girl is soooo cute!

Little Corner of Mine said...

So delicious looking, I won't mind having a bowl. Your girl is just adorable!

Christo Gonzales said...

beautiful daughter and what a nice and hearty meal!

Rajani said...

Hi Hilda, Hi Jeanne, I am Rajani, also a food blogger - my site is http://vegetarianinme.blogspot.com.

I am working on a series on foodbloggers on femina.in (the online chapter of Femina magazine - a well known Indian women's magazine) and would like to feature you & your blog. Don't see your contact details here. please drop me a line at rajani(dot)mani(at)gmail(dot)com.