Honey Walnut Cake with hot chocolate fudge



A very strange thing happened a week ago: it snowed here in Southern France.

Have you ever felt this weird feeling that you've been just zapped to another dimension. The normal blue sky cool weather and the fragrant green rosemary and thyme decor turned all of a sudden into an immaculately white blanket covering the landscape.

If you think it was fairylike well there's the other half of the story; our region was paralysed for a week (highways were inaccessible ) and oh my God we had some power interruption. While I would like so much to complain as normal french people does on situations like this, I went on the kitchen and tried to work on some magic to bring myself some sun. I was glad it worked for me; a slice of my walnut cake brought me to Tahiti for a moment.

And by the way, my daughter finally had her first taste of snow: literally and figuratively :-) he he he


--------------------------
Ps. Oh my goodness I just realised how much I have been lagging behind my post and on checking out your blogs' guys. I am so "has been". I really feel so bad about it. I blame my busy schedule and "fourth world like" internet connection. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'll try to make up.

And I'm sending this off to Lore of Culinarty for her fabulous Original Recipes blog event. Check out the round-up tomorrow.


Honey Walnut Cake
(my own recipe)
for 4 slices
150 grams of flour

50 g of butter
1 egg
100 g brown sugar

1 big heap of honey

2 tablespoons of milk

100 grams of chopped walnuts

10 g of melted butter for greasing the pan

optional: chocolate hot fudge


Grease your baking pan and preheat the oven at 180°celsius. In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, melted butter and egg. Mix well. Add the honey and milk. Continue mixing well. Fold in the chopped walnuts. Pour on your greased pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with hot chocolate fudge on the top.

In front of our house.....

My little darling.....

Our parking area....

34 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A scrumptious looking cake! Yummy!

I love these snow pictures! You are lucky...

Cheers,

Rosa

FH said...

Little darling is frozen! It is cold there! :))

Honey walnut cake looks scrumptious!!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks so delicious and your little darling is adorable!!

Finla said...

Hi hi I have this huge smile, looks like we go for shopping in the same shop.
I bought these plates for my coffe table, teapot, and the big plate for serving lunch as most of my daily plates have broken.
Every morning when i am having breakfast hubby is saying he feel like he is a a fairy tale seeing the burst of colour.
It is indeed a shock snowing there.
You have a beautiful daughter and love the yummy delicious cake.

Deeba PAB said...

bbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr Dhhangit. How pretty, but how cold! saw in the news that a lot of Europe is seeing cold fronts! Glad you baked this wonderful cake. Looks so good & warm. Your daughter is such a precious poppet...she's beautiful. O BTW, welcome back!! It's been a long time.. xoxoxox

glamah16 said...

Shes an angel. Havent been here and worried I missed a lot. Looks like I havent. Happy belated New Year. That cake looks lucious.

K and S said...

cake looks great, snow...wow!

Anonymous said...

Wow! your little angel has grown! Isn't it that she just turned one yesterday?!? Oh, and I love the chocolate dripping down the cake pic! :)

Meeta K. Wolff said...

YOur little darling is adorable! and the cake is simply irresistible

Manggy said...

You know Dhanggit, having a lovely little girl like her is sure to bring plenty of sunshine no matter what the weather :D But the cake is a delicious way to bring in some more!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

That was quite a heavy snow! I was in Paris during the weekend and all was covered in white snow! I could have used a piece of that cake!

TS of eatingclub vancouver said...

The same weird thing happened here in Vancouver! We had snow for about 3 weeks, maybe? I don't even remember. Just when we think it's over, it would snow again! Extremely weird.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Nice to see you back and with such a delicious cake. Hot Fudge, yum.

Your daughter looks so sweet, Dhanggit. I'm yet to get my first taste of snow.:)

Lore said...

This is the kind of cake that would cheer anyone up, yum!
Ooo first snow for your Cutie Pie, that most have been so exciting for her.

Anonymous said...

ahh, the walnuts must make this cake soo good! love how the chocolate fudge is sexily dripping down the cake. mmmm.

Unknown said...

hello!!! i love all your pictures, esp the one with your VERY LOVELY daughter, she's really soooooo adorable... thanks for sharing your life there with us... and the cake looks so yum... :)

Ivy said...

It's good to have you back. I am sure your daughter enjoyed playing with the snow and she is so cute. The walnut cake sounds delicious.

Gloria Baker said...

OMG!!!! she is sooo cute!!! is the most nice nephew I have!! Blessings to her. My dear Dhanggit I whish you a really happy New year with many beauty things!!! xxxxGloria

Gloria Baker said...

Sorry dear, the recipe is so nice as well!! but Im in love of my little thing!!!

Jescel said...

yep, baking always makes us happy, huh? especially when the product comes out as yummy as yours.... snow is beautiful, but then again, i'm glad i'm living in sunny florida ;o)... and your daughter is adorable.

Nic said...

Your little one is so cute! I love her hat.

Anonymous said...

She's so cute.. Is that a cow hat? :)

Noob Cook said...

woah that's a lot of snow! Your little one is soooo adorable :)

Lori Lynn said...

OK, the food looks great, but your little darling...WAY. TOO. CUTE.

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh she is cute.... Something like this always welcoming and comforting for a weather like that. enjoy :-)

haze said...

It was really fantastic! I've never seen the South as white as like this ! Honey Walnut cake is perfect with tea or coffee on the side while admiring the snow in Marseilles :D !

Rosie said...

It looks brrrrrr cold Dhhangit! Your little one looks so cute :)

Honey walnut cake looks divine!!

Great to be back viewing your creations after my absence due to illness.

Rosie x

Shreya said...

delicious cake, and such a cute darling you have!:-)

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Thanks for being a refreshing blog and providing such an enjoyable blog to read! As a result, I've nominated you for an award! You can view it here:
http://joelens.blogspot.com/2009/01/lemonade-award.html

Unknown said...

oh she's so cute!!

vanillasugarblog said...

your little one is very cute!
there is strange weather happening everywhere; we have been having a lonnnnng artic air with us for a while.
I love that you put choco fudge on here!

Maria said...

Cute pictures!! And the drizzle of chocolate is killing me. It looks so good!

Cynthia said...

Look at the gorgeous little one!

Anonymous said...

How delicious looking! That chocolate fudge covering the cake is perfect!