Chocolate Raspberry Creme Brulée



I am warning you, this post is kinda disgusting so if you don't have the stomach for it just zap it and jump on to my recipe :-) and do not tell me I didn't warn you.

As I mentioned on my last post, after the spectacular stunt of my daughter escaping from her crib, that prompted us to buy her a new bed so she won't do that evasion trick with us again. Everything went well. We bought her her new bed and she loved it. Hubby and I thought we could finally have a good night sleep.

At around one in the morning that night, it was the same scenario again; I heard my little baby crying. I didn't even bothered to move from our bed for I know she could get out from her bed all by herself. I heard her little footsteps stopped right in front of our bedroom. And she softly said "Mama, Mama". I went out into the darkness and touched my little girl. "What was that?," I thought. She was sticky and was wet all over. I turned on the light and was shocked to see my daughter covered by pieces of food she ate and curdled milk all over her. I woke up hubby and when we went to see her bedroom it was even worse. A real crime scene of vomit galore. Don't worry I'll spare you the details. Just Imagine that soury smell all over her place. I gave her a quick bath, dried her up and let her sleep in the middle of us. Mayumi was smiling and happy. I was thinking at the back of my head, did she do that purposely to sleep her with us. But I abandoned the idea of course. Hubby was so annoyed with the smell of my little girl so I heard him whispering her " go sleep closer to Mama". When I noticed that both hubby and little girl were sleeping: I slightly tilted wickedly the head of Mayumi towards her dad. I was grinning. Eventually after an hour, Mayumi was vomiting again and this lasted until five in the morning. We didn't waste time and rushed her immediately to the hospital.

Don't worry guys, my little girl is doing well now. She tested negative on all exams they gave her and they even let us go back home the same day. Although It's still a mystery to us what caused that vomitting. The good news is, Mayumi has finally adopted her bed and she sleeps there now happily and tightly even as I type this post.

I am sending this dessert recipe of mine that I always prepare when there is a family gathering to Laura of Spiced Life who is hosting event for Family Recipes. And I tell you everybody in my family love this. For more details and round-up check out the link.


Chocolate Raspberry Creme Brulée
4 ramekins

Ingredients:
4 egg yolks + 2 whole eggs
20 cl of heavy cream
125 g of chocolate
250 g of raspberries
40 g of sugar
20 g of brown sugar for the caramel topping


Beat the egg yolks and two whole eggs with the 40 grams of sugar. Blend them well until them become creamy. Place the cream in a saucepan, over low heat allow it to simmer for about three minutes. The add your chocolate and let it melt. Turn of the fire and let it cool down before adding the eggs-sugar mixture. Pour this chocolate cream on your ramekins. Add the the raspberries on your ramekins. You can put roughly 5 to six raspberries per ramekin depending the size of your raspberries. You can save some raspberries for decorating them when you serve them. Place your ramekins in a baking dish and fill the baking dish with enough water to come halfway up the sides of the reamekins. Place the dish in a preheated oven 180° celsius and bake for 20 minutes. We have different ovens so the cooking time and temperature could vary depending on your oven just be sure that the custards are justly cooked; still creamy and yet firm. After their cooking time refrigerate for minimum of one hour the ramekins. Just before serving sprinkle the top with brown sugar. Put ice cube in a tray around ramekins and place try under a preheated hot grill for about one minute or until sugar melts and is golden.




18 comments:

haze said...

I wonder what happened to Mayumi ?? Maybe, she has eaten something and was not able to digest at all ! Glad she's okay, on my part everything is getting back to normal...I hope !!!

Yummy dessert you have here, let me taste it sometime :D !!

Finla said...

Could be something she ate didn't digets?
Good to hea that she has adopted to her new bed and you guys are having a really well deserved sleep.
Love the brulee. And with whocolate and raspberry that is a double whami :-)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

An exquisite dessert! Nice take on the traditional crème brûlée...

Cheers,

Rosa

chriesi said...

Mmm how tempting!

♥peachkins♥ said...

Been there on that same scenario.God,that was scary.Good thing Mayumi's well now.


That Creme Brulée looks really pretty.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Glad to hear that your girl is okay and happily sleeping on her new bed now. Love your version of creme brulee, yum!

Manggy said...

Poor wee one! I'm glad she's much better now... I hope it doesn't happen again. By the way, I'm totally fine with kiddie vomit of course :)

Now Dhanggit, this dessert is a conglomeration of, like, 3 of the awesomest things ever made! :)

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Dhanggit I hope Mayumi will be OK!!! love her,. poor thing dear!!
This dessert is wow,wow, and wow again I love crema brulée and this mix is amazing!!! nice pictures as ever!! xoxoxoxoxo Gloria

Leslie said...

Poor little munchkin...It always seems like kids always puke in the middle of the night. Sometimes kids just get a little 48 hour stomach bug. Just make sure they are well hydrated. It sure is never fun though!

maybelles mom said...

We have had a very similar event at our house, and I a glad the bed worked out. We are about to transition to a bed here too soon.

Adam said...

Wow, quite a story you have there (but you always have good ones). I hope everything is ok, and I hope it doesn't become a routine thing. Try and focus on what she has been eating, there might be an allergy or something in the works.

And now I can take off my doctor hat, and say nice job on the dessert. I love the raspberries :)

TS of eatingclub vancouver said...

It would take more than a little vomit to scare me away. ;) Glad to hear Mayumi's OK.

Anh said...

Oh thanks God the little girl is better now. Take care of yourself and the family :).

And I really like the look of this dessert! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

First time here Dhanggit, thanks for sharing your french dessert..and hope your baby gets well..could be a food allergy??
...loved Paris when I was there last autumn...
also feel free to participate in global ganesha food festival in my blog...

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I'm glad your little girl is doing fine now! What a scare! I love creme brulées and this one with chocolate and raspberries, oh yummmm!

Laura said...

Yikes I am glad your little girl is feeling better. how awful. I hate GI illnesses and kids.

Thanks for the submission, this dish looks wonderful.

Shelby said...

Aww, your poor little girl. I am glad she is ok! I think its funny you tilted her head toward daddy. Does he read this by the way? ;-)

Thanks for participating in the Family Recipes event!

The Purple Foodie said...

The creme brulee with chocolate and raspberries looks so fancy!