Spicy Fettucine Curry with Prawns and Mushroom



Spicy Fettucine Curry with Prawns and Mushroom

Sometimes things happen when you least expect them.

My weekend was I what would quantify as an ordinarily extraordinary. I never realized I had so many little surprises that were in store for me. Not that I was cleaning the house and realized that I just won a lottery ticket and you are actually reading a blog of a millionaire (though I love the sound of this :-)). The truth is you might find it absurd but I always find great happiness on small things. As I rearranged our living room yesterday I realized that our hibiscus plant sitting at the corner for years have finally given us a beautiful red flower. It was just hard to imagine that after years of not bearing any flower this day finally happened. There was even a day we thought of dumping the plant long time ago.

As my husband and I were marveling at our hibiscus flower our daughter approached toward us crawling. Then all of a sudden she stood up with her two feet and smiled at us and applauded. Alright it didn’t last that long about 4 seconds. But could you just imagine how happy it made us that she did stood up for the first time without holding on to something. We just realized that she just turned tenth month old yesterday. Those little happy moments are priceless.

By the way, I hope Kevin of Closet Cooking adores spicy pasta because I am sending this recipe to the Presto Pasta Nights he is hosting, a lovely event created by Ruth of Once Upon a Feast . You can check up the link in here.

Spicy Fettucine Curry with Prawns and Mushroom

500 g of fettucine pasta
250 g of prawns
250 g of mushrooms (champignon de paris)
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 a tsp of cayenne powder (more if you desire)
some sliced chili if you desire (optional)
1 onion
20 cl of fresh cream
1 tsp pg ginger powder
2 tsp of curry powder
some olive oil
salt and pepper
some parmesan cheese

Start by cleaning and slicing the mushrooms. Clean the prawns by removing their shells and deveining them. Do not throw the shells, for you will use them in making the shrimp broth. In a casserole, put the shrimp shells and half a cup of water. Boil until it reduces to a quarter, strain and keep it aside. In a sauteing pan, put some olive oil and brown the garlic. Add the onions, followed by the mushrooms. Lastly add the prawns and let it cook for about three to four minutes. Add the curry powder, cayenne, tabasco, chopped chili (this is optional) and ginger powder, continue stirring. Pour the broth and let it simmer for about five minutes. Add the cream and let it cook for few more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour it over your cooked fettucine and top with parmesan cheese.


31 comments:

~Mommyallehs~ said...

love the presentation, the toppings and the small green leaf on top. looks so delicious.

Anonymous said...

Blog hop from weekend snapshot's site!

Nice pix.. the foods are looks so delicious!

ScroochChronicles said...

Hi!! That looks yummy. My daughter was just telling me that she wanted pasta for dinner. Now I know what I'm preparing :D

Happy WS!

Cookie
http://scroochchronicles.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Life's little surprises, best to celebrate with pasta.

SandyCarlson said...

Looks wonderful! The pictures are delicious, too.

Anonymous said...

I love good food! Who doesn't? :) Nice shots!

Peter M said...

I really do enjoy the pairing of shrimp and mushrooms and you've added just enough curry kick!

Cakelaw said...

I'm with you - the simple things on life are often the best. Your hibiscus looks lovely. Nice recipe too - I am a curry fan.

Rosie said...

Wonderful, wonderful photos and I agree with you its the little things in life that turn out often to be the best :) Lovely curry too!!

Rosie x

Finla said...

Wow super delicious. I want to have the whole plate

Manggy said...

Oh WOW!!! I'm so happy for little Dhanggit!! (What do I call her?... Dhilis!??! Kidding!) That's wonderful! In a few months you guys will hardly be able to keep up with her, hahaha! I didn't know Hibiscus took so long to flower. I've only ever seen lush, adult plants. Maybe you could steep it into tea? Heh heh :)

Maybe your little one will also stand and applaud your wonderful pasta! :)

abie said...

i love pasta...thanks for sharing..

mine is up. hope you can drop by.

Toys R' Us
Fun Times @ the Littel Gym

chriesi said...

Mmm this looks yummy!

Oggi said...

Yummy pasta combination, I like it.

I didn't know you can grow gumamela indoors.:)

haze said...

Love spiyn pasta, mushroom all in one ! Perfect combination :D ! Next time teach all your secrets in the kitchen .

Catherine Wilkinson said...

Seriously, as soon as I read your story about the flower, I thought it was a gift from your Dad in heaven! And then your daughter!
What magic you had!
And I love the spicy pasta. But I love your attitude best.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, isn't this a lovely dish! Gosh I bet it is so yummy and delish. I'm going to make this one.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very nice!
And i'm very hungry!

Jescel said...

what a pretty gumamela (hibiscus) you have! love your story, those precious little moments, indeed... and your pasta looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

This looks so good! I think I want to eat prawns all summer long! Thanks for sharing this!

Cierrajohns1 said...

This looks really good.I think I will make this for a dinner party.

test it comm said...

Not only do I like spicy pasta but prawns, mushrooms and curry are some of my favorite foods and flavours! This pasta sounds really good! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Awwww, thank you for sharing that heart-warming moment with us! Seeing your baby stand up and applaud makes me want to do the same! :)

Your spicy pasta looks fabulous as well. I'd love some right now to calm my growling stomach.

K and S said...

I'll be tagging you for a meme, I hope you'll participate :) it is choosing 10 of your food photos.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the week-end accomplishments! Life is a succession of small moments after all but what a way to celebrate! I love the sound of that pasta with curry, prawns and mushrooms. Yummy!

Susan said...

It's a gift, Hilda, to be happy with small things. I've never met anyone who was quite satisfied with all the big things they have; they are never big enough.

Curry looks fabulous! You are quite a cook!

tigerfish said...

I have not posted it but curry powder has been my secret ingredient to my pasta dishes recently. Well, I thought it was secret but apparently it is not since some great cooks like yourself know it :P

Big Boys Oven said...

this is awesome, I am now a pasta master, you get my seal of approval! ;)

Anonymous said...

You had me at fettucine and prawns. YUM!

Shalimar said...

gumamela..... i can them everyday here in Florida and it transport you back home

I copied the recipe something quick and easy for the crew..

Ruth Daniels said...

I couldn't agree more...we all need to celebrate the little joys we find daily. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. I do hope we see you back often.

I can't wait to try the curry. I've never made curry dishes with pasta before.