Home-made Apricot Cinnamon Jam

Apricot Cinnamon Jam

Vegetables are the food of the earth; fruit seems more the food of the heavens. ~Sepal Felicivant

In few days, France will officially enter summer season. And when summer comes, fruit comes too. Our market is once again flooded with all the colorful and delicious summer fruits. I can't hardly wait As I finish off today the last jar of Apricot jam I made last summer 2007 I am already imagining the taste of fresh apricots I will eat, yum!

It's Wednesday edition again of my Wordless Home-made Recipes.


Apricot Cinnamon Jam
makes about 5 jars

1 kilo of apricot (very ripe in preference)
1 kilo of sugar
1 teasepoon of cinnamon
1 vanilla pod

Start first by macerating the apricot with sugar. You will be needing a big salad bowl to put the sugar together with your apricots cut in halves and seed removed. Cut the vanilla pod into two and take the grains inside and put it in your apricot. Include also the vanilla pod. Let it macerate until the mixture gives out its own juice, thats about at least an hour. I always cook my jam in a crock pot but you can use any thick casserole. Pour the apricot-sugar mixture. Put your cinnamon powder and let it cook slowly over low fire for a long time (probably an hour). Some use thermometer to determine until when to stop cooking since I dont have I just check the consistency every now and then. Once it becomes a bit like a syrup. I remove it from fire. I pour it over my pasteurized jars, cover them and put them upside down. You can keep them normally for a year.



Jamming with Apricot jam

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love summer in temperate countries where you have a variety of fruit to play around with! I remember the time somebody gave us so many figs that it gave me diarrhea trying to eat all of them, but my husband suggested I make jam. That was just heaven for the next few months that we had the jam. Like you, couldn't wait til the next summer to make more. ;)
This looks so good. I think I'll try it with santol. We just have so many right now. As for apricots, sadly, it would be easier for me to buy it off the shelf here in the Philippines.

tigerfish said...

I like your Wordless home-made editions. Your photos really made me wordless - I can just stare with envy. :D

Manggy said...

Lovely Jam, Dhanggit! And hey, it lasts for a year, that's pretty good! :)
I love the unique additions of vanilla and cinnamon, it really sets it apart from store-bought jams :)

K and S said...

I have never seen apricots here, will just drool over your jam :)

Finla said...

You made jam at home. I have never made them myself as my MIL makes jams and ialsayw get a pot from her.
ANy left apricot jam for me

lareine said...

wish i could make my own jam... but our peach tree did not give us fruit last year... and i don't think it will this year... but thanks for the recipe... maybe i can use that with mirabelle :)

Hootin Anni said...

see me....grabbing the jar and running with it!!! I know a bakery just around the corner from here, that would be soooooooo yummy atop some fresh baked bread this morning.

My W W is shared. I'd love to have your company today.

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...

the creative delights email?

Peter M said...

Dhanngit, apricots are in season here too and I love how you've perfumed this jam with cinnamon and vanilla.

Oggi said...

I love apricot jam and yours looks and sounds waaaay yummier than store-bought.:)

Princess Vien said...

nice work you got there.

Mine is up.

http://www.yourvmodel.com/2008/06/wordless-wednesday-no7-to-my-bestfriend.html

Happy WW!!

Par said...

Jam, looks good......my father loves eating apricot or peach jam.

Deborah said...

I made some peach jam last year and added in some vanilla bean at the end. I love the idea of adding cinnamon as well - delicious!

glamah16 said...

Oh yes, yes. I think I love making jam more than actually eating it.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh man, apricot jam, my favorite!

chriesi said...

Mmm i bring a slice of bread and take that spoonful of that delicious jam!

Anonymous said...

I love apricot jam - my grandmother use to make! I will have to try your recipe.

Denise

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Apricot jam is one of my favorites. It's so refreshing and tangy.