Banana Fake Tiramisu



Banana Fake Tiramisu

Got milk?

Have you heard that Linda is hosting Got Milk, a food blogging event that requires milk as the main ingredient (or a non-dairy product check the link for details) in connivance with the celebration of the World Breastfeeding Week? It is an annual celebration concerned with the protection, promotion and support of breatfeeding worldwide. I am running for this cause because I believe this does not only concern women but everyone else.


When I was pregnant with my first baby I was shocked to meet a lot of pregnant moms in my classes who refused to breastfeed their babies claiming that it will destroy their beautiful bodies, that it will be painful and other several reasons. I respected their decision and I don't want to judge them. But I was really quite surprise of these moms' behavior to deny their child that greatest thing they could give them to help them have stronger bodies. But after I gave birth and started breastfeeding my baby, that is the only time I realised it wasn't easy afterall. My own experience was really painful and a bloody one. But I was really lucky to have a supportive and loving husband and a bunch of nurses that helped me all the way. Right now I have a daughter that is smart, strong, and vibrant and not a single moment I regret that decision to breastfeed her.

And oops, by the way, she just started walking yesterday few days even before her birthday. Isn't that great?


Banana Fake Tiramisu
(for 2 persons)

150 g of Fromage Blanc or Fromage Frais
2 tablespoons of condensed
2 tablespoons of honey
About 10-15 pieces of pounded graham crakers
10 g of melted butter
3 pieces of fresh bananas
1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
some banana chips for decorations

In a bowl cream the fromage blanc with the milk and honey. Mix them well. You can add more honey if you wish a sweeter version. In another bowl mix the graham crackers with the melted butter. Assemble your tiramisu on your desired glasses or verrine. Put a layer of graham crackers butter mixture. Arrange nicely your cut bananas and then add your layer of fromage blanc-milk-honey mixture. Powder it with cacao on the top and some banana chips. Refrigerate for at least three hours before serving. You can replace bananas with other fruits of your choice: mango, peach, nectarine, etc.


My other tiramisu or banana recipes:

Banana and Honey Muffin with Nutella Swirl
Banana chocolate Crepe
Nutella Tiramisu with Dulche de leche


39 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your version of tiramisu! (I don't like the original so much).

Thanks for your entry to Got Milk?
I'll be doing a round-up after August 7th.

MiLeT said...

seems delicious. can i try it ? lol!

it so nice to witness your baby's 1st right ?

my ws is posted here. hope you can drop by. thanks.

Kero said...

i enjoy tiramisu. thank you for sharing this. i am excited to try. thank you for the info too on Got Milk. I am a breastfeeding Mom also to my 7 month old son. hope you can come visit my WS. thank you and take care. here is the link http://kcelebration.blogspot.com/search/label/weekend%20snapshot

ellen said...

hmmm mouth watering! happy weekend! hope we can be friends...

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Beautiful fake tiramisu -- but easier to make than the original, so I'm much more likely to do it. And happy birthday to your daughter, too!

Lore said...

Wonderful, wonderful news Dhanggit! Could it be she smelled this coming from the kitchen and just said to herself "I really need a teaspoon of this delicious dessert so I'll walk right to it" ?
This is even better than the real Tiramisu! I'll take this over it anytime :)

Rosie said...

A mouth-watering version of tiramisu! It's great to be back viewing all your scrummy delights :)

Rosie x

tanabata said...

Yum! This looks and sounds delicious!

SabineM said...

Lovely shot and yummy recipe! Love the container you put it in!!

Deepthi Shankar said...

love your version .. mouth watering

Adam said...

Your pseudo-tiramisu looks delicious. Oh man, I'd go bananas over the bananas :) I hope your little one likes them, and maybe she can have it with the honey in a few weeks. Congrats on her walking! That must be very exciting :)

Manggy said...

YAAAAY for baby Dhanggit!!! Whee! You must be on top of the world. I have no idea what a 1-year old would feel like. Ha ha ha. It's been too long for me!

Forget real tiramisu, any tiramisu with bananas and condensed milk is a WIN in my book ;)

Little Corner of Mine said...

This is a nice event as I for one is a supporter for breastfeeding. Heck, I'm still breastfeeding my 22 month olds! And loveee your version of Tiramisu.

Anonymous said...

this tiramisu looks wonderful! good for you Dhanggit for breast feeding your daughter, you have made her healthy and strong!

Leslie said...

OH BOY..walking??? No more sitting down for you! Get ready for the forehead bruises to start!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on baby first few steps... it must make you really proud! :-)

Love that clever twist on Tiramisu! Delicious! Not only you're a beautiful mommy but you're a clever one too. The perfect package! :-)

Deeba PAB said...

How nice to know that the little one is taking her first steps. Mine was a lazy one to the core...I thought she'd never walk...but eventually she did as they all do! I like this fake Tiramisu even though I'm not a banana person, but the idea appeals to me totally...even the beauty!! xoxo Deeba

Cakelaw said...

A lovely dessert in support of an important cause. My mother breastfed me, but was saddened when she was unable to do the same for my brother for health reasons.

A_and_N said...

Looks like you've been bitten by the Nutella bug ;)

tigerfish said...

I prefer the cocoa dusted tiramisu at all times but if you were to serve me this, I won't say "NO"....:p

Makis said...

Yay! Finally, Mayumi is walking! Get ready to be fit, you'll have to run faster after her :)

Salt N Turmeric said...

Congrats on your baby girl first steps! soon you'l be running around after her.

btw, i made ur peanut butter, chocolate maple syrup marble cake. they are yummy! thanks for the recipe.

Leslie said...

There should be a video up shortly..I need to come up with something to talk about!!
So the bugs are long gone from the kitchen???LOL

Chef Jeena said...

What a great way to make a tiramisu, it looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

I dont really like the used of word "fake" but your banana fromage blanc sounds super, I agree with you that breastfeeding is one of the best things that you could give to your childeren :)

La Bella Cooks said...

This sounds like a fabulous take on the original. I bet I would like it even better since I love bananas.

Bharti said...

the tiramisu is so different! First time at your blog...it's lovely. Congrats on your baby's first steps. Enjoy her, my first one born is turning six next week...God knows where the time went. And I agree about breastfeeding...it was really hard the first time with my little one too. The second time is so much easier.

Beachlover said...

now I know tiramisu do have a fake version!! hahaha!!

Jescel said...

pretty soon, she's going to start running around, so get ready! hahhaa... and she's going to have so much energy, if you feed her this banana tiramisu... looks real yummy!

Lori Lynn said...

That sounds delicious, And thank you so much for sharing your personal story. YAY for your daughter's mobility.

Anonymous said...

I agree, breast feeding has got to be one of the most nutritional and wonderful experience between mother and child. I don't have kids but if I did, I would totally breast feed. (bet you can tell that it's me, Diane, who is commenting). :)

Lovely dessert and this one is special to my heart because I love bananas!

Gigi said...

This sounds fantastic and it makes only two portions which is perfect for my household.

daphne said...

fake or real-it looks soo good! I like the addition of a piece of walnut too.

daphne said...

I think I'm blind. That is a pecan nut not walnut! DOH!

Deborah said...

I'm planning to BF when my child is born. I can't think of a better gift to give to my child!

And what a terrific dessert! Not only does it sound delicious, but it's beautiful as well!

Leslie said...

LOL...I had to laugh at your comment on my puond cake...it was anything BUT mouth watering..it was more like mouth dehydrating!!LOL

Oggi said...

Very yummy looking "tiramisu".

Is there another bun in the oven?:)

glamah16 said...

Oh I want some of this. I love bananna desserts.

Cynthia said...

breastfeeding is such a beautiful thing, i can't imagine why anyone would not do it just to preserve their appearances. good on you for pushing through with it and also for presenting us with such a lovely dessert! :)