Grilled Peach Melba in Raspberry and Chocolate Sauce


Grilled Peach Melba in Raspberry and Chocolate Sauce


Girls usually love to pamper themselves from time to time for whatever reasons. A trip to a Beauty Salon for some quick hairbrushing, some pedicure or manicure or even probably a total new coiffeur when we really feel the need for:
-after painful breakup we must turn the page and embrace the new chapter with a new us :-) -we have a date
-we need to impress someone (I'm guilty of this from time to time)
-oh what a heck we just want to be pretty :-)

It could also be something extravagant if we can afford to. A one week escapade in our dream destination with our best-friend or a shopping spree with a motto "shop till you drop". Well the list is infinite if we really have the means and imagination. And of course there are these simple moments when we simply pamper ourselves by indulging with a bar of chocolate, a bowl of an ice-cream or a slice of our favorite cake.

I did indeed devour this dessert yesterday all by myself while reading my newly bought cookbook (Oriental Patisseries) in the garden. Hmmm Elle n'est pas belle la vie? (Life is beautiful isn't it?)

I'll be sending some of this dessert over at Sig (Live to Eat) our host for this month's Monthly Mingle, with the theme "Grill it". A big thanks to Meeta for creating this event. And of course this is my Friday Dose of Chocolate :-)



Grilled Peach Melba sitting in slice of Chocolate bread Pudding

This dessert is normally consist of two peach halves, a scoop of a vanilla ice-cream and raspberry sauce. This sweet thing was created by a French chef August Escoffier to Dame Nellie Melba an Australian soprano.

6 pieces of white or yellow peaches (count 1 peach per person) cut in halves
half a glass of water + 1 tablespoon of sugar
2 drops of vanilla essence
a liter of Vanilla ice-cream (home-made or any brand)
250 g of raspberries
50 of sugar
juice of one lemon
100 g of dark chocolate
about half a cup of heavy cream
6 slices of your left-over chocolate bread/cake (you can use any flavor of your preferance: lemon, orange, etc)

I noticed that grilling the ripe but firm peaches directly made them too dry after. So I suggest you immersed them first in syrup of (water+sugar+ vanilla) before passing them to the grill. Cooking time is up to you. If you prefer a firm one or well done cooked. For your raspberry coulis, mix the sugar with your raspberries. Let them macerate for about an hour (you will notice it will start to release some juice. Pass them on to the mixer and add the lemon juice. You can strain them to have a smoother coulis. In a bain marie melt your chocolate then add your heavy cream. Mix them well. Pour your raspberry coulis on it. To assemble, you start with a slice of your chocolate pudding. Top it with your peach halved, scoop an ice-cream and pour your rasberry chocolate sauce. You can use some raspberries and the remaing peach halved to decorate it.


My other chocolate recipes:

Chocolate Charlotte with berries
Chocolate Creme Brulée
Chocolate Pudding



28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so inventive. I love it.

Manggy said...

Yes, life is indeed beautiful when you have a lovely dessert to relax with, that has chocolate AND fresh fruit! Yummmm! :)

Rosie said...

Awesome dessert my friend... it really looks absolutely fantastic!!

Rosie x

Sig said...

oh my, what a treat this is! Thanks for sending this over to Monthly Mingle! See you at the round up!

Adam said...

My dear Dhanggit, I love your Fridays :) This dessert looks so delicious, I think it should replace the Gold in the Olympics. I would cheer knowing I get one of these babies.

Thanks for giving a little more insight into the female psyche... I read stuff like that, and for a fleeting moment I think I have girls covered... and then I wake up. I like your last reason the most :)

Isn't today the last day of the party dishes? You must be super excited!

Sue said...

The only problem with this recipe is who ever has LEFTOVER chocolate cake? But this recipe looks good enough to make a cake especially for it. Really yum!

La Bella Cooks said...

Now that is a decadent dessert! Wouldn't that be perfect to serve to dinner guests? They would think you are a gourmet chef. I love it!

Deborah said...

What a beautiful, indulgent dessert!

Ivy said...

Oh my ... that looks and sounds so incredible! Absolutely decadent.

Leslie said...

I would have helped you eat it! Yummo! However that would have not helped the whole weight issue I seem to be having! Oh well..we do have to pamper!

Anonymous said...

My wife pays the kids to brush her hair all the time. I'm so glad I found your blog! I love the photos. Very nice. I'm sure you will be seeing me around.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I love grilled peaches -- and grilled nectarines and plums, too. Something about the heat when it hits those stone fruits -- completely addictive!

Mama Mia said...

what a pretty and yummy looking dessert!!!!

daphne said...

What a treat-to have the dessert and a quiet read! The peach looks divined-and even more wonderful when paired with chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Aww...Life is beautiful indeed if you ate a dessert like that :)
at least until your baby next tantrum ;)

vanillasugarblog said...

That is definitely a feel-good dessert. Us women love to eat such pretty/fancy things.
Indulgence is good. My indulgence is either a good dessert or 600 thread count sheets. :-)

Jan said...

Decadence on a plate, I'm all in favor. Lovely, Dhanggit.

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Dhanggit this look absolutely delicious!!! xxGloria

Cakelaw said...

Delicious - a perfect summer dessert.

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Beautiful dessert, as always!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Did you say grilled? So it's healthy, no? Lol! It looks good, as all your desserts. Your new book must be deligthful!

tigerfish said...

I'll let my teeth sink into that!

Natalie Que said...

Dhanggit this looks absolutely mouth watering! Yes, this is what the girls need right here! Your photography is so, SO good!

bee said...

there you go again, making me fat. will you send me an e-mail when you post something without sugar and chocolate? you should start a patisserie some day. your creations are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This looks sooo good! And you could even call it healthy with that amount of fruit ;)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your ideas, i'm trying my best to learn how to cook (decent meals :-),it's nice to learn your a Filipino,too :-) Busby SEO challenge

KabonFootPrint

glamah16 said...

Yes your life is beautuiful!

~~louise~~ said...

This dessert would be just perfect to include in a quick links post I am doing for National Peach Melba Day tomorrow. (Jan.13, 2010)

I know it's kind of late but I was wondering Dhanggit if you would mind very much if I link to this post? I would LOVE to include a picture too but wouldn't dream of it without your permission.

Thank you so much for sharing, it looks simply heavenly. I love the notion of the bread or cake. So posh:) Louise acalenda [at] gmail [dot] com