Lemon, Rosemary & Honey Pork Roast

Lemon Rosemary & Honey Pork Roast

Yay, my internet connection is finally back! And another great reason to celebrate is that I'll finally have back my former nationality after long months of waiting; it simply means that I am officially of dual citizenship now. To celebrate moments like this (seriously I mean it’s a glorious day because you don’t imagine how bureaucracy is in embassies like ours that before you get what you want you’ll probably have three or more grey hairs added without counting all the wrinkles J whew I survived that) I could only think of having nothing special like a pork roast.

Despite the fact that there are some people who cannot eat it for religious or health reasons, pork still rest as one of my favorite meat for it blends perfectly with almost anything. And every time I feast on something with pork it always reminds me of those happy childhood days that my parents decided to raise pigs inside our house to make both ends meet. So that’s make eating pork twice the fun for me. Well honestly you have a lot of reasons for loving them once you take off their nasty smell and noise. Think about this; they are intelligent, they are cute and they eat anything (we fed them only with neighbors’ left-over food, which comes very economical). Anyways, on festive times like this I am actually craving more for a Lechon (that’s one whole roasted pig) but the closest I could have now is just a pork roast.

I’ll be sending off this Lemon Rosemary & Honey Pork Roast over at Jugalbandi for August Click, this month theme is citrus. If you love great food photography check out the round-up at the end of this month. And this recipe goes off at Sunita’s place too for her lovely event Think Spice that just turned one year old. Congratulations!!



Lemon Rosemary & Honey Pork Roast
about a kilo of Pork for roasting

fresh frigs of rosemary leaves
zest of 1 lemon

juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons of honey

2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar

some salt and pepper
some olive oil


second part:

half a stick of butter
a quarter of glass of water

1 teaspoon of flour

some olive oil

In a bowl mix all the ingredients: lemon zest, lemon juice, salt,pepper,rosemary leaves, honey,vinegar and olive oil. Mix them well. Rub this marinade on your pork and let it stand on this for about thirty minutes. Preheat the oven at 180 ° celsius. The best way to cook pork is to roast it slowly on temperature that is not too strong. Heat a pan and put half of the butter on it and brown a little all sides of your pork (about 2 to 3 minutes at a high temperature). In your preheated oven roast your pork slowly for about thirty minutes. Putting some marinade and water from time to time to avoid drying up the meat. After the cooking time let the pork put it out of the oven and let it stand for about ten minutes before slicing them. During those time prepare the sauce; get all the juice and marinade in the pan, add some water witht the flour dissolved on it. Warm it up on the stove and stir it. As soon as it starts to thicken add the remaining butter. Pour this over your sliced pork.


Try my other meat recipes:
Beef Spicy Caldereta
Rolled Turkey Scalopes in walnut pesto
Beef Tagine in dry figs

25 comments:

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Welcome back to the internet land! And congratulations on the dual citizenship!!! That's great news! And what a way to celebrate, that pork roast is just my kind of food! Delicious! Anything with rosemary and honey is good to me!

Cakelaw said...

What a gorgeous looking roast. Honey and lemon are wonderful flavours - would like to try this sometime. And congrats on your dual citizenship.

test it comm said...

That roast pork looks really good!

Manggy said...

Ang galing naman! Pati ba asawa mo pwedeng i-dual citizenship? Hee hee :) "Welcome back," Dhanggit!

I looove pork dishes! Your roast looks really good!

Alexa said...

Hi Dhanggit,
The picture looks beautiful and I love the ingredients you seasoned the roast with. Congrats on your dual citizenship.:-)

Gloria Baker said...

Dhanggit Look soooo good!!! Nice colour!!! xxxxGloria

Oggi said...

I never thought of having a dual citizenship...something to consider.

I'm getting hungry staring at the lovely pork roast and it's only 10AM. I love pork and can't imagine not eating it at least once a month.:D

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious. We very rarely eat pork, but the combination of flavors you used (a very tasty combination) would work well on chicken or turkey too.

La Bella Cooks said...

Congratulations on your dual citizenship! My husband working at getting his with the US and England (US being the pain in the butt!) and it will be nice when it is done.
The last pic of the pork is making me hungry! Looks mouthwatering.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Must be delicious! I love the combination of lemon and rosemary!

Pam said...

This looks fantastic. I am always looking for new pork roast recipes.

Jan said...

This looks and sounds delicious, Dhanggit, a perfect way to celebrate your dual citizenship.
Congratulations!

Deborah said...

Congrats on the dual citizenship!! And pork is one of my favorites, and this one is calling my name!

A_and_N said...

Congrats on the citizenship!

Unknown said...

wow!!! what a feast... your recipe is a must try... thanks for sharing... :)

Leslie said...

Stunning photo as always!!
I too am a swine lover!!LOL
I always wanted a big pot bellied pig as a pet..but my dad always said NO WAY! I just cant imagine why???

Lori Lynn said...

I agree, celebrate with pork! Pork Rules!

Yours looks so flavorful and juicy.

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Congratulations on the citizenship! Don't you love bureaucracy? ;)

I don't think I've tried lemon and rosemary on pork before, but it looks like I should try it soon! Looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Damn, buti ka pa, nakuha mo na dual citizenship!!! Congratulations!
Ramadan starts tomorrow...one long month of not having anything to do for us non-Muslims here in Qatar. I miss pork! I'll keep this recipe though, so I can use it when I return to a pork-consuming country :D

Rosie said...

A gorgeous looking roast pork and many congrats on the citizenship!

Rosie x

Makis said...

Hey, yay on your dual citizenship!

Natalie Que said...

Congrats! What a way to celebrate, your photo is absolutely breath-taking, and it's making me drool!

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! Lemon & rosemary sounds like the perfect marinade for meat. I'm taking a lot of self control not to drool on my keyboard, hehehe...

Anonymous said...

mmmmm! this is something that i'm definistely going to try soon! i can just imagine what it'll taste like ... a contrast of sweet, salty, and tangy

Anonymous said...

All of those flavors go beautifully with pork! The presentation is also very delicious :). We would love to feature your recipe on our blog and possibly our kitchen digital cookbook. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if you're interested. Have a great week ahead!