Nutella Dulche de Leche Tartellette


Nutella Dulche de Leche Tartellette

Cooking does not rhyme with laziness.


The sluggish post going on here in my kitchen mirrors my recent indolence due to beautiful blue sky and warm weather. Pardon me. Well as most Southern French people say, that living in this beautiful corner of the world makes you live like cicadas; do nothing but sing and enjoy life. :-) Although I would admit that it could be boring if blown out of proportion. I was lucky that the past three days, Mistral has been blowing cool winds and it suddenly awakened my thirst to be in the kitchen once again.

I just thought of something simple, good and of course with chocolate in it. I guess you cannot think of other recipes easier to make than this one. Provided of course you have some dulche de leche and nutella jar seating in your kitchen and a little bit of fervor to handle your dough.

I call this Nutella theraphy a perfect recipe to combat the laziness sleeping within us.

And by the way I'll be sending this recipe over at Joelen for her Eye in my Pie event. If you love sweet pies go and check it out!


Nutella Dulche de Leche Tartellette

for your tart shells (Pate Sablé)

11/4 cups of flour (about 150 g)
1/4 cup almond powder (about 50 g)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 egg yolk
1 stick of butter cut in cubes (about 100 g)

(note: you can add a little bit of water if the dough is too compact and dry)

In a food processor, pulse all the flour, almond and sugar. Then add the butter and pulse again. Add the egg yolk and pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for about an hour. To avoid them sticking on to your hands and table roll the dough between sheets of plastic wrap and cut out circles larger than your tart shells, fit the dough into the molds and cut out the excess. Butter your tart molds and put your cut doughs. Press them firmly on the sides. Because the dough has tendency to puff up use fork to make holes on the bottom of your dough. Refrigerate them again for another hour before baking. Preheat your oven at 180° celsius and bake for about ten to fifteen minutes or until golden brown.

Once your tart shells are ready you can fill them up with dulche de leche and lots of nutella on it.


My other tart and pie recipes:

Mango Cheesecake Pie
Pinacolada Pie
Chocolate Tart




33 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow it is looking very yummy

Juliana said...

hmm...yummy

Mine in here : Celebrate Jason‘s birthday Thanks

Anonymous said...

seems easy to try :D

My WS : in here Thanks

Manggy said...

Oh Dhanggit you're killing me! I'm going to have to make my own dulce de leche! It looks really good! :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... roll on cold weather so I can bake again! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious! Wish we have nutella here!

My Weekend Snapshots are posted in these blogs:
Jenn Was Here
Shutter Happy Moments
Le Kulitszie Familie

Please drop by if you have some time. Thanks.

Adam said...

Wow, you're very right, that is super easy. Good for you for staying out of the kitchen and enjoying the weather. We're getting a little cooler here, and fall cooking will be here before you know it.

Love the tart, and love that you love your fats :) I laughed at the pork fat comment, my Vietnamese room mate eats pork belly almost everyday. There's something about the Pacific and that meat :)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Two of my favourites! These must be rich and delicious and I want one NOW!

Jescel said...

oh my gosh!! this is a dangerous combo, at least for me! you really have outdone yourself here... this is a winner! so yummmyyy...

Leslie said...

Well Missy..since you didnt gove me my daily dose of chocolate on Friday....I will let you slide, since I am a HUGE nutella fan!

Deborah said...

Nutella and dulce de leche?? I'm in heaven!!

Jeanne said...

looks delicious and sweet :)

my WS Entry is HERE

Mansi said...

that looks wonderful D!:)

Mama Mia said...

Nutella is the best invention in the world. This dessert looks amaaaazing! drool...

glamah16 said...

Why dont you have your own shop!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

How could something that combines nutella and dulce de leche be anything but wonderful?

La Bella Cooks said...

I never have any Nutella left over to make anything. We tend to eat it straight from the jar around here! These tarts look decadent!

test it comm said...

That looks great! I have been wanting to try Dulche de Leche for a while now.

Anonymous said...

Can it be more delicious? I mean, Nutella AND dulce de leche!

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Dhanggit, your tartalettes look georgeous!!!! so yummy too!
Wel dera I made my hormework, so if you like go to my blog is ready the recipe to the sweet little thing! I post today, tell me what you think!! besos, Gloria

daphne said...

"lots of nutella on it"

hehehe. I like that. It's a rustic pretty looking tart that looks oh so good.

Anonymous said...

wow... delish!!

just send you tartelettes too for your party ;)

Bunny said...

This looks wonderful Dhanggit. so smooth and creamy!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

How can you go wrong with this tart? Pastry, nutella, dulce de leche: such things make life beautiful. ;)

Oh, we're finishing up our entry for the party dish. Hope you enjoy it! We'll be posting in a couple of days, of course, before the deadline.

Natalie Que said...

I just clicked over from Leslie's blog -it's a little hard to notice you with the description 'erotic'!

Your blog is absolutely fab! I love your recipes and your photography is amazing! Will be back!

Unknown said...

looks so beautifully rich... :)

Cakelaw said...

I am drooling - chocolate and caramel are two of my favourite foods in the whole world - these look like elegant Caramello chocolate tarts.

haze said...

Nutella will always be the best! I would really love to try this one and hoping to get the same results !

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness what a delight yo have me drooling over my keyboard!!

Rosie x

Shaheen said...

These look amazing. I'm always up for things made with nutella!

Nazarina A said...

I am feeling very sluggish today and would like to order a dozen of these please.

rose said...

I'm from the states. could you tell me what you mean by almond powder? Flour perhaps? Thanks

Chibog in Chief said...

Hi Rose, almond powder is actually almond flour or almond meal YOu are right!..in France we say "poudre d'amandes" :-) which literally means powder..