Tomato Mozzarella Millefeuille



"Survival of the fittest", "Patience is a virtue", " Destiny brought us together", " Lucky day".

I have been hesitating between those titles that's most apt for this post. You'll be the judge.

Yesterday no words could describe how happy I was. It's been weeks that I have been searching for a dress to buy for the up-coming wedding of my sister-in-law. I am normally not an impulsive buyer so it always takes me an ample time before really settling for the one where I would put my money on. And early this week, I finally found this incredible piece of silk dress of my favorite brand. The dress was really perfect for me (from my own point of view :-) ) but when I looked at the price it was kinda expensive. That was a bit too hard to swallow for a stingy me, specially its just for one time ocassion, I thought. I have been dillydallying up If I will buy it or not. And everyday I pass by that shop after work I abstain my self from buying it.


Yesterday on my way to work, I just noticed that it was the start of the three weeks annual "Sales" in France before summer when I noticed all those "soldes" (which means sales) signage everywhere. I almost jumped from joy. My head was only fixed on that dress. Immediately during my lunch break as I headed for the shop I was a bit annoyed to saw the immense number of people in the street, all with one intention to go shopping. I decided to skip lunch anyway I could always grab a sandwich after shopping. I know Aix en Provence by heart and use all the short-cuts I knew to get there fast. I told myself that if that dress is not there anymore, its not really for me. Because I don't wanna be upset. When I finally arrived in the shop, holy cow it was literally teeming with people. How on earth I could find that dress? So I started searching high and low. But I'm always two steps behind the American tourists that were there. Oh gosh, they were so fast and were good at digging!! I saw gorgeous clothes taken right in front of my nose. "This isn't happening", I told myself. And then all of a sudden like a miracle, I turned my head on the right side and saw that silk dress that I have been eyeing for weeks waiting for me. Like a wounded soldier of great hopes I bolted and grab it with my two hands. I looked at the price and it was 50% off. Yahooooo!!

So to cut the story short, yesterday I was really so happy, for I went back home with that magnificent dress at half the price. I called excitedly hubby to tell him about this good shop iI just did but he just briefly and coldly replied "huh????". I guess men will never really understand the joy of bargain hunting and shopping. Men are truly from Mars and women from Venus.
I suppose that's the great title for this post isn't it?


This is my Click entry for this month, the photo event created by Bee and Jai of Jugalbandi.




Tomato Mozzarella Millefeuille Salad

Ingredients:
count one average size tomato per person
one mozarella ball per person
some olive oil

salt,
pepper
herbes de provence (thyme, basils, rosemary)
some balsamic vinegar


Procedure: With a sharp knife cut carefully of equal sizes your tomatoes and do the same for your mozzarella cheese. Assemble them on the plate alternately. Put some salt, pepper and herbs on the top. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It's kind a hard to eat this salad without making the tomato tower fall. Good luck!

Tip: Better assemble this salad before serving because the cheese and tomato tends to give off juice if you prepare them too in advance. It will make your salad a bit soggy and watery.


By the way, we are leaving for a short weekend vacation in family's chalet in Alps. The weather and the scenery is splendid at this time of the year. I'll be bringing you tons of photos and freshly harvested wild berries on my return. See you soon!!

30 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great idea! what a deliciously refreshing dish! Perfect for the hot days...

Cheers,

Rosa

chriesi said...

Have a great time in Alps!

tigerfish said...

errr....how do i eat this? from the top or from the side? ;p

enjoy the alps, lady!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Tomatoes and cheese, lovely. The best way to eat this would be one layer each of tomato and mozarella together, I guess. :)

Have a lovely holiday.

♥peachkins♥ said...

love the look of this salad..it's very elegant..sosyal! hehe

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

You will look gorgeous in the dress and have a great time in the Alps!

Tomatoes and mozzarella are always good and these tomatoes look scrumptious!

Manggy said...

I'm a man but I understand the value of a sale very well! Good find! :) And I love the bright summery colors of your salade-- keep 'em coming!

Have a great vacation :)

maybelle's mom said...

umn, I think that it could have been called--good things come to those who wait (and those who get it.)

I love tomato and mozza.

pigpigscorner said...

Men will never understand! Glad you got what you wanted for a good price! The stack looks really beautiful!

Oggi said...

I love a great bargain and never buy full price *I'm cheap*.:D

Lovely simple yet delicious tomato salad.

Enjoy your weekend vacation.:)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hahaha...Yup! Men just can't appreciate a good bargain hunting and shopping. They just go and take what they like. You will look gorgeous in that silk dress, I know. :)

Justin said...

a whole mozzarella ball per person? wow, you're very generous. I want to eat at your place.

Leslie said...

you lucky girl..you got your dress 50% off and your right men just dont understand the victory of the sale!!!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Wow - looks gorgeous!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your salad looks absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the photo - which by the way is fabulous - with us. Have a wonderful weekend.

TS of eatingclub vancouver said...

So you and the dress were meant to be! I guess there aren't really any sales in France except for that time period?

Have fun on your vacation!

Peter M said...

Dhanngit, that stack is gorgeous...as along as the tomatoes are garden ripe - hard to beat salad.

Adam said...

While I'm not a big shopper, my Mom always instilled in me the patience to wait for marked down items, and always asking if I really "need it".

I'm a weird one, part clueless like your husband, but part cluefull too :)

Enjoy your weekend, and I'm glad you found the dress you wanted. Good things do come to those that wait my friend.

test it comm said...

That salad tower looks really good! I am looking forward to the field tomatoes.

Gloria Baker said...

Dhanggit this look really nice! I love it!! Have anice vacationes in Alps!! kisses!! Gloria

Unknown said...

good luck on Click and have a great vacation!

Lori Lynn said...

Great shot, so clever a presentation!

The Alps? How fortunate you are! Looking forward to seeing photos.
LL

♥Rosie♥ said...

Great to hear you bagged a bargain of a dress :0) Your salad tower looks really good -Yummy!!

ChichaJo said...

This salad looks so elegant! And I love tomato and fresh mozzarella :)

I feel your happiness at finding the dress at 50% off!!!! :) Woohooo!

Noob Cook said...

I understand the ecstasy of finding the perfect dress at 50% off, hehe... have a great vacation :)

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Oh, my, is it lunch time yet?

Natalie Que said...

D you are just genius! This looks amazing and come summertime here I will most definitely be making this with those gorgeous fruits of summer! This is so, so beautiful. You are truly talented Dhanggit!

And congrats on the dress, I loved your story! Especially the part about the cunning American tourists, lol!

Invertir en Oro said...

This is a good blog!!

Inversiones en petróleo said...

Nice job!!!

recette triamisu said...

Have a great time in Alps!