Zuccini and Parmesan Bread

Zuccini and Parmesan Bread

I have one word to describe my post absences for the past days: virus! My computer unfortunately contracted an "unidentified virus" that wouldn't let me surf the net if my firewall wasn't down. It was a total headache for I never realised that it was indeed a virus. I thought it was the wifi captor that wasn't working very well. Anyways, it pays well to have a hubby that loves repairing computer :-) And thank God for his patience, for it wasn't the first time I caught a virus. :-)

Lesson learned: bake a good bread before announcing to your husband that your computer is broken. You have more chances he'll repair it.

I'll be sending this over to Aparna of Diverse Kitchen hosting the 12th edition of Bread Baking Day an even created by Zorra. And this is for Susan's weekly Yeastspotting.


Zuccini and Parmesan Bread

1 sachet of dry yeast (about 7 g or 1 tablespoon)
500 g of flour
40 cl of water
10 g of salt
1 small zuccini washed and grated
half a cup of grated parmesan cheese

I used a bread machine to knead this recipe. Put the flour, water, salt and yeast and press the button applicable for making bread. At the first beep of the machine add zuccini and parmesan. It will continue to knead the dough. Wait until after the first rise to get the dough and handle it on your floured table. Shape it accordingly to the forms you want and let it rise for the second time. Spray some water on the surface of the dough if you want a crispy bread on the top. Let it rise for an hour. Preheat the oven at 200° celsius and bake them for 30 minutes. Let them cool completely before enjoying them. You can serve them with salad or hot and cold soups.




Enjoy my other bread recipes:

Caramelized onion and Roasted Tomatoes Foccacia
Home-made Croissant
French Bread



28 comments:

Manggy said...

You know, I've never had zucchini bread before? Shameful, I know! Now that I've seen your pics, I think I may have to try! :) (Now if I could get my hands on some inexpensive Parmesan....)

Par said...

Mmmmm
I love good fluffy bread!

LAMBROS said...

Goodmorning Dhanggit !
Great recipe for bread !!! I have never try (or imagine)that before. I think it would be great ...
By the way, let introduce myself. My name is Lambros and im from Greece (Crete). I have also a blog named Psarotopos(Fishplace) with Seafood recipe ... The blog is bilingual (Greek-English). If you have time i am waiting you ( and your friends of course)there to tell me your opinion ...
Many thanx for recipe,
Lambros

Peter M said...

Dhanngit, nice crust and I can see the zucchini keeps the bread nice & moist inside, masarap indeed!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Welcome back to a non-virus computer! I hate those little bastards! I love the idea of this bread, zucchini and parmesean must make a really tasty bread. The crumb and crust look amazing!

Anonymous said...

I too find that the more I bake, the better the service from my live-in tech support! The zucchini bread is a great way to use the abundant summer harvest, and your loaves look beautiful.

Adam said...

I love zucchini bread. The brown crust looks so crusty and golden :) And it's an actual yeast bread, instead of the quick, more cake kind. Awesome idea. I wish I knew stuff about computers so I can get some :)

haze said...

Glad your computer is fixed, thanks to E or J hahaha whatever name but what I know he's one of a guy :D!

Is this the bread you took during our trek? Well definitely delicious ;)! Thanks again for that wonderful day.

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Zucchini and parmesan -- sounds like a winner! I love the crust and crumb of your bread!

Jan said...

Oooh - I want some of that bread! I've never had zucchini in bread before - looks delish!

Christo Gonzales said...

I instantly thought I could smell that bread.....

glamah16 said...

Viruses are pesky! Glad its all fixes.Zucchini bread/ cake, so why not a real savory loaf of bread. Wonderful.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

Bread and I are good friends - Sometimes too close (like on the hits and thighs!!) This really looks great.

Thanks for stopping by our site and I looking forward to relishing in your kick ass culinary creations!!

Cheers
Cathy
www.wheresmydamnanswer.com

Anonymous said...

I've had zucchini bread before, but a sweet version like carrot cake rather than a savory version like yours. Your savory version looks delicious though!

Jescel said...

hmmnn. another good creation. your kitchen must be like a bakery..there's always something in the oven! lol!

Leslie said...

Oh I missed you!I was worried! Well I am glad to see your computer bug is gone!!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

This bread looks soft and healthy!

Deborah said...

I have never seen a yeast bread with zucchini in it! It sounds so delicious!

Paula said...

I've had zucchini bread before, but it was much different than this. I love this recipe! Your loaves look amazing! Yum!

Oggi said...

The crust looks wonderful and I love the Parmesan zucchini combo.
Glad the virus is gone!:)

Chef Jeena said...

Looks perfect and delicious.

test it comm said...

That bread looks good! I like the sound of a zucchini yeast based bread.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

These little breads look quite tempting, crusty yet soft. I have used cheese in bread but never zucchini.
Thanks for participating.
Nice to see you back. I'm fighting a less dangerous but painful virus on the computer right now, myself! Need to have it seen to.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Looks so good!! I've only had zucchini in quick breads before. I think I must try this!

Anonymous said...

Your bread looks delicious! I love the idea of incorporating Parmesan into zucchini bread!

Anonymous said...

Dhanggit, you make the most gorgeous breads. You never fail to impress me. Can i come and take a class? :-)

Srivalli said...

oh my..everytime I visit your space..i just stunned at the beauty!!!...too good..keep up the good work.....

Anonymous said...

Nice looking crust and no doubt delicious. Just another Filipino blogger dropping by to say hi!