Peanut butter Chocolate Maple Syrup Marble Cake


How many friends do you have?

My granddad popped us this question when we were kids. I proudly claimed that I have plenty. He looked at me and smiled and told me he only have very few. Why is that so we asked him. And he replied to us by telling that it is not the number that counts but the quality. He told us that he had very few friends but they were real and sincere friends. He then recounted the story way back during WWII of how his american friend saved the life of my granddad's family one night when a group of a Japanese soldiers attacked their village. He told us with teary eyes, you see if weren't for him I wouldn't be here to tell you this story. And this happened long long time ago. Everytime I look back at this moment, I know that this have served its purpose. Because I grew up with lots of friends. And I can proudly claim that they are real and sincere. For all the ups and downs of my life, they were there. I feel so lucky :-)

And as I type this post I am on my way to meet up with some bloggers. Well you see I thought of writing about friendship because never I would imagine to develop real friendship too through blogging. So this Friday edition of my Friday Dose of Chocolate I'll concocted this special peanut butter chocolate marble cake for them. See you later guys!

Peanut butter Chocolate Maple Syrup Marble Cake

3 eggs
120 g of sugar

175 g of flour
165 g of butter
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of peanut butter (put more if you are a great fan)
1 tablespoon of Nutella choco spread

50 g of dark chocolate
a pinch of salt
1 table spoon of baking powder

10 g of butter to grease the baking dish

Start by separating the yolk and white of your three eggs. Cream the yolks with your sugar, melted butter and maple syrup until it becomes creamy. Add the flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Beat the egg whites until they become stiff and fold in gently the mixture. Divide this cake mixture into two. Mix your melted chocolate and nutella spread on the other half and your peanut butter on the one. Pour the two flavors at the same time on a greased baking dish of your choice, or you can pour them alternately to make that marble effect that you want. Preheat the oven at 180° celsius and bake it for thirty to forty minutes. To avoid burning the top you can put an alluminum paper on the top of your cake during the last ten minutes of its cooking time.



Here are my other chocolate recipes:

Chocolate clafoutis muffin style
Sacher Torte

Toblerone Molten Cake

45 comments:

Emily said...

Mmm...cake! And such pretty pictures!

K and S said...

very delicious combination of flavors!

Hollow Legs said...

What a lovely picture - this looks delicious! I must make more cakes...

Manggy said...

Let's see if I'll like this cake...
Peanut butter check
Chocolate check
Maple Syrup check
Marble Cake check
It's passed the test! Hahaha.
Do tell us about your eyeball, okay Dhanggit? I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

That cake is calling to me. it looks so amazingly delicious I can't stand it!

Jescel said...

how true.. they say the poorest people are those without friends! by that measure, then you sure are a millionaire! lol.... anothe "wow" cake from you. Good think I'm not in that meeting, or I'll be gorging down a huge portion of it, I'm sure!

Kajal@aapplemint said...

ooh that looks lovely, specially with all the syrup drizzled over it ... dam it .. why are'nt you on your way to my place ?:P

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

It must be dangerous living in your house. You bake all these yummy delights that it would be SO hard to resist the temptation to gobble them up! Stop, woman, stop! I am gaining poundage just by looking at your cakes!

Adam said...

Wow you took just about every awesome flavor out there and mixed it together. There's Nutella even. I'm not genius... you're the genius.

Have fun at the meet up. Have a slice for me.

Leslie said...

nope..you never fail me on Chocolate Friday! And ohhh I am in a bad mood today..so maybe I should take out my frustrations and BAKE THIS!

ICook4Fun said...

All my fav ingredients in a slice.. yummy!!

Deborah said...

ok, this cake looks DELICIOUS!!

CLC Fashion said...

hmmm pinaglalaway mo na naman ako haha! really a delicious blog of yours. Bravo!

btw, thanks for joining my little contest ha. The result are in...you guessed it right.

Oggi said...

I'll definitely add more peanut butter...and Nutella.:D

Have fun!

Gabi said...

Oh I wish I could come to your meeting- I'll just have to send my love and friendship from afar!
I loooove the cake-of course what's not to like with all those smooshy yummy good flavours?!
Hope your meetup is fun!
xoxoxo

bee said...

have a great time. your cake looks delicious.

Gloria Baker said...

Dhanggit,yummy,yummy look delicious dear!!! xxx(have a nice weekend sis) Gloria

Peter M said...

Did you make this for me...with all that Canadian maple syrup? M'sarap!

La Bella Cooks said...

What a great post. Cake is always better shared with a few friends over chatter.

Half Baked said...

Yum yum yum! Beautiful photos as well! btw I passed on the Atre Y Pico award to you;)

Lore said...

Great treat for great friends, it must be chocolaty ;)

Anonymous said...

This cake is bursting with flavours! I'm very sure the fellow bloggers will enjoy it :)

Anonymous said...

Holy Waffles!
This is an handsome piece of cake! I take 3 slices for a quick snack on the go. Can we be friend Dhanggit please?? :-)

Chef Jeena said...

Oh such a lovely treat to eat, this cake looks marvelous I so want a bite! :-D

Rasa Malaysia said...

This looks so moist and yummy. I love it. :)

haze said...

...and yes the cupcake was good especially when we are surrounded with good people! Thanks for the jam too :D! We should make this often and profit the wonderful summer in the south! BISOUS !

Anonymous said...

Oh dear... this is just look so delish!! Good to find your blog here.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Can I have a few slices please! :)

Salt N Turmeric said...

I like the name! try saying it 10 times, fast. lol. I asked hubby if he wud eat this shud i make it and he said he might. so there usee, i might give this recpe a try! thanks. ;)

Anh said...

Oh my friend, can you please send over some???? ;)

Beachlover said...

so rich and moist!!,One piece for me pleaseeeeee...

Deeba PAB said...

Torture Dhanggit...sheer torture. This does look delicious. I'm all for these delighful cakes that can do without frosting...yum!!

Anonymous said...

OOooh...evil, evil, evil, no wonder you got a lot of friends ;)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

OMG, that sound yummy! Totally "dirty"! Wow!

Cheers,

Rosa

Makis said...

Ati, thanks for this cake - orgasmic sya, grabe! Hahahaha! Hope we'll get to meet up more often before we move!

Deeba PAB said...

Back again sweetheart, with a music meme. Do it if you like & if you have the time!xoxo

A_and_N said...

The cake looks so soft and moist! And my mouth is watering :) Awesome cake!

Gloria Baker said...

Where are you dear sis?? Sometimes I dont know why I cannot enter to your site, but know I can. Heyy Dhanggit I put other recipe in myblog if you want to look!! xxGloria

Anonymous said...

Will you be writing about your meeting with other bloggers? how fun! I would just love to see some pics!

The title of your cake has be gaining ten pound already! Beautiful!

Gigi said...

this cake is to die for! it looks so delicious. it has all the flavors i enjoy so much! ...mmm!

Suzana Parreira said...

And what a lovely concoction that is! Dhanggit, you're so right about friendship and blogs. Meeting fellow bloggers is always so exciting! I hope you guys had a great time together, too bad I'm not close to join! :)

Susan from Food Blogga said...

PB, chocolate, AND maple syrup all in one mouth-watering cake? You're killing me, here. Killin' me. ;)

tigerfish said...

Let's be friends and can you offer me a piece of this marble cake? It looks so divine for a marble cake :D

Anonymous said...

And we are one lucky people to eat it too! Thanks for the company, I hope we can make it to meet up every summer! We are back to Paris tomorrow! Thanks a million!

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

This looks so great - WOW. This is one for the recipe archives that is for sure.

Cheers
Cathy
www.wheresmydamnanswer.com