Lime Black Sesame Prawns with Asian herbs Spaghetti

Lime Black Sesame Prawns with Asian herbs Spaghetti


Dreams are often most profound when they seem the most crazy. I didn't said that but Sigmund did. :-)

I consider myself most creative when I sleep. Do not laugh at this its just simply because my subconscious mind could forge unfathomable images in my dreams. I am sure you will think that either Stephen King lives in me or I am just simply fool if I were to tell you how horrifying my nightmares are. But anyway who didn't have a scary one? We all suffered nightmares.

But imagine how hard it must have been for the young minds to confront them. Much worse if it's just an eleven month old baby that will have to brave all these. Well let's put it this way: my husband and I did not sleep well (at all) last night. It was brutally interrupted many times by our daughter's cry. We took turns several times in appeasing her. Well she's having her first nightmares. Our book said that this is normally the moment when babies have more nightmares. (What?) ( Does this mean there will be more moments like this? Sigh)

As I type this post I still have my eyes really drowsy. I think I will need to go back again to bed. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

By the way, this is my entry for this three delicious ingredients chosen by Peter of Kalofagas (the last month's winner. You need to check the cake he made it's awesome) for this month's Royal Food Joust, an event created by Jen of The Left Over Queen.


for the Lime Black Sesame Prawns

10 pieces of large prawns
2 tablespoons of grated lime rind
2 tablespoons of lime juice
salt, pepper
2 tablespoons of black sesame seeds
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of sesame oil


Peel prawn bodies leaving head and tails intact. Combine lime rind, lime juice, cumin seeds, black sesame seeds and sesame oil. Allow prawns to stand for about twelve minutes. Cook prawsn on a hot char grill or pan for 1 minute eadh side or until it changed into golden brown color.

for the Asian Herbs Spaghetti

500 g of spaghetti noodles
half a cup of Thai Basil leaves
1/4 cup of coriander leaves
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
2 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of lime juice
2 tablespoons of cooking wine like Mirin
salt, pepper

Cook the spaghetti noodles as indicated in a boiling water. Drain. Toss basil and coriander through spaghetti. Combine all the rest of ingredients and pour over the pasta. Toss to combine. Place the spaghetti on serving plate and serve with the black sesame prawns on the top.

Try my other related recipes:

Strawberrt Gazpacho and Basil
Drunk Shrimp in Sake
Spicy Fettuccini

25 comments:

Manggy said...

Oh, poor baby! I'm sure the nightmares are pretty basic, like the Teletubbies coming to take her away. Maybe you could calm her down with your glorious pasta? I know I'd forget all my terrors!

Peter M said...

Dhanngit, nice selection of prawns and the dish is an eye opener...a Joust-worthy dish!

Adam said...

Great seafood pasta dish! I really like the flavors in the spaghetti. Very interesting.

Sorry about being kept up all night. I used to have a night light growing up, maybe that'll help.

Leslie said...

Poor little one! Make sure she doesnt have an ear infection! Prior to my daughter getting her ear tubes. She would wake up several times a night screaming. The reason: Ear infection! Never failed if she woke up at night..I would take her to the Dr. the next day and she would infact have an ear infection! NO FUN!Get some sleep!

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful. I like the addition of cumin!

A_and_N said...

The sphagetti looks fabulous! And presented like a pro :)

Speaking of nightmares, my first one (that I can recollect) was that of being trampled by a gigantic elephant! Scary!!!!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Beautiful plate of prawns and spaghetti. I love the spicing of it all. Yummy!

Little Corner of Mine said...

I like how you plate it too! And those prawns look scrumptious!

Chef Jeena said...

Souns so tasty and looks just beautiful. :-)

Deborah said...

I've been having some especially crazy dreams lately - I can't imagine how hard it is for an infant!

But this dish looks like a dream - a really good dream!!

Gabi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabi said...

Poor little one- I will blow some pink sugar dust for sweet dreams in your direction xxooxx zzzzz!

Your prawns are the stuff of my happiest dreams!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Your food allways makes me hungry! Rverything you post looks delicious, this is just another exemple. I would love this for tomorrow's lunch!

Sylvia said...

Those prawns looks delicious.I wanna be your neighbor :)

Paula said...

Poor little mite; sending you all peaceful sleep wishes.

This recipe is something that I would enjoy on a regular basis. Not only does it look pretty, but I can just imagine how great it tastes. Yum!

glamah16 said...

I used to have such vivid dreams, Not so much anymore.The prawns look scrumptious. Perfect for a mid summer dinner.

ICook4Fun said...

What a classy look dish. I really love the color combinations of the prawns, basil and pasta. Just beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

your recipe is interesting. i might try it one of these days. thanks for sharing =)

Anonymous said...

That looks great! I rarely buy prawns for day-to-day cooking, but I really should. They're expensive, but if it's to have in pasta or noodles or something like that it doesn't work out to be much more than say, chicken breast or lamb.

tigerfish said...

You have everything I like on this dish!

Pam said...

This looks so good...nice photos too.

Anonymous said...

Woow... stunning pictures, how's your baby now ?

Anonymous said...

I was sold by the picture!! It looks soo good, I am going to cook this for my family. Thank you for the wonderful recipe.

Anonymous said...

i just might have to do this for dinner! *mouth waters*

Laura Paterson said...

Poor baby, I hope she moves on quickly.

I'm sure this gorgeous pasta will help wake you up - great entry!