Homemade Ice-cream Cone

Home-made Ice-cream cone with Vanilla Almond Ice-Cream


"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it." ~Russel Baker

I kinda agree with him for summer is my favorite season. Now that mercury in Southern France is hitting 36 degrees Celsius outside, I feel like I'm reliving my best childhood memories all over again. Running half-naked outside, sleeping on the grass with the dragonflies and eating my favorite "dirty ice-cream". Well, too bad only in my dream now.

My Wednesday edition of Wordless Home-made recipe is my contribution to Mike's You Scream, I Scream, We all Scream for Frozen Desserts.

And by the way, a big big hug goes to the gorgeous and lovely Leslie of Hungryhousewife for awarding me with this Yum Yum Blog Award. I hope she forgives me for still not sending the email I promise her. :-)

Home-made Cones with Vanilla-Almond Ice-Cream Creme Chantilly and Caramel Syrup for the cones

adapted from original recipe of Sandra
90 g of butter
90 g of sugar
1 egg white
45 g of flour

Melt the butter. Incorporate gently the sugar and mix well. Fold in the egg white and whisk vigorously. Lastly add the flour and continue whisking. On the parchment paper put a laddle of this mixture and with the help of a spatula flatten it forming a circle with a thickness of about 1 cm. Be sure to put an ample space in between each cone you will make. Preheat the oven at 170°. Bake for about ten minutes , be attentive on the last part of the baking time to avoid burning them. Take them off from the oven. Wait for about a minute before forming your cone. Do not wait to long or you will not be able to shape it anymore.

Vanilla Almond Ice-Cream
adapted from original recipe
100g of sugar
80g of chopped almonds
100ml fresh cream
1 vanila bean pod
150 g of thick cream

In a casserole bring the fresh cream to a boil. Turn off the fire and infuse the vanilla pod that is cut into two for about ten minutes. In another casserole put the sugar and 3 tablespoons of water and start making a syrup. Once the sugar has melted and you have a beautiful consistency, fold in the chopped almonds. Pour the sugar-almond syrup on your vanilla fresh cream. Whisk the heavy cream and fold this into the mixture. Pour your mixture on your ice-cream container and refrigerate it for a minimum of four hours.

You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice-cream!


You can try my other Ice-cream recipes:

Mango Ice-cream with coffee macadamia nuts biscuits

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm drooling like a crazed bulldog. I must get icecream, I must get icecream, I must get icecream, I must get icecream, I must get icecream, I must get icecream
Happy WW

sweetytots said...

yum yum.. can you send me some?

Peter M said...

You''re taking eating ice cream to a whole new level...homemade cones...luv it!

Meeta K. Wolff said...

i am always in for new yummy ice cream recipes and this looks simply gorgeous!

Shelia said...

That dish looks delicious! I can taste it!

Happy WW!

Anonymous said...

Love that you made your own cones! And the ice cream looks and sounds delicious too!

Princess Vien said...

yummy!!

Hope you can check out mine.

http://www.inthespiritofdance.com/2008/07/wordless-wednesday-no1-my-birthday.html

Happy WW!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

We are also suffering a bit with summer here and liking it, lol! I love vanilla and almond together and the ice cream must taste even better when eaten with those adorable homemade cones!

Hootin Anni said...

Now....well, instead of sharing the recipe...I think you should have invited us all for an ice cream party!!! I'm coming!!!

Come see my W W if you can.

Leslie said...

Homemade cone? YOur tooooo fancy for me!!LOL. And yes I forgive you!

Maria Verivaki said...

you've got a lot of patience to do this - i find the cones at the supermarket much easier to handle!

Big Boys Oven said...

wow you melted me straight away!

A_and_N said...

You are like this machine who keeps churning out recipes every single day :)

The cone looks really cool, although I am curious as to why arent there any pics with the ice cream scooped on top of the cone :D

And I dont know about the weather where you live right now, but its about 40C here in Atlanta. I could surely use this ;)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yes! Yes! I scream for your ice- cream cone and ice-cream!

Deborah said...

What a perfect dessert for summer!!

Jescel said...

Yummy! it's funny but i'm eating ice cream now as I am reading your blog... can't have to much ice cream. I also made a similar cone. I haven't posted it yet, but will do it this week.

Anonymous said...

Vanilla almond ice cream..sounds delicious :)

Sharon said...

I've never thought to make homemade cones. Yours look amazing!!

Adam said...

The homemade cones look awesome. I've never known anyone to try that before. They look really old fashioned and crunchy. Delicious times 10 to the 5th power.

Ryanne said...

great now I'm super hungry for that...don't suppose you know how to sent forrd over the net?! heeeheee. maybe I'll give the recipe a try. Happy wordless.

Anonymous said...

OH, homemade ice cones sounds like a fantastic idea! They remind me of tuile cookies, and I think the prep method is pretty much the same. Looks great!

Manggy said...

Ooh, beautiful plated dessert, Dhanggit... It's sort of the grown-up version of that kiddie treat where you have a "clown sundae", cone for hat, sprinkles for hair, mallows for eyes and stuff :)

Anonymous said...

How lovely! I've been dying to make my own ice cream cones but without forking over the money for a pizelle maker... Thanks for posting the recipe, perhaps I can find a way to veganize it!

Ivy said...

wow!! i've never made ice-cream in my life!! this might be an interesting attempt if i ever make it to the kitchen. ;)

Beachlover said...

oh!1 I love this type of cone!.if I buy ice cream I'm sure ask for sugar come.now i know I can make myself!!thanks for sharing:))

tigerfish said...

You even make your own cones now *salute* !!!

ilingc said...

Ohh it is most certainly hot in South of France. I just came back from a week of driving around Provence and then to Nice and it was hot hot hot! I got some good sun and tanned very nicely :)

We also had ice cream almost every day if not twice a day while we were there. =) You've just come up with a great idea of making your own ice cream cone. Will most certainly try making it - if we ever get to the type of temperatures you're having over there :)

chriesi said...

That is simply fantastic!

skoraq cooks said...

I can't look at your photos. Those ice-cream cones look disturbingly delicious.

haze said...

Yes I am screaming for an ice cream homemade by DHANGGIT !!!!